Find Out Wiki: Random Promotion
Augusto Rodrigues Coutinho de Melo (born 22 October 1962) more commonly known as Augusto Coutinho is a Brazilian politician as well as a civil engineer. He has spent his political career representing Pernambuco, having served as state representative since 2011.
Coutinho in October 2017
|Federal Deputy for Pernambuco|
|Assumed office |
1 February 2011
|State representative for Pernambuco|
1 February 1999 – 31 December 2010
|Vereador of Recife|
1 January 1992 – 31 December 1998
|Born||22 October 1962|
Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil
|Political party||SD (2013–)|
Coutinho was born to Henoch Coutinho de Melo and Carmen Rodrigues Coutinho de Melo. Before entering politics Coutinho worked as a civil engineer.
Coutinho voted in favor of the impeachment motion of then-president Dilma Rousseff. He would later vote against opening a similar corruption investigation into Rousseff's successor Michel Temer, and voted in favor of the 2017 Brazilian labor reforms.
- "AUGUSTO COUTINHO – Biografia". Câmara dos Deputados do Brasil (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2 May 2019.
- "Reforma trabalhista: como votaram os deputados" (in Portuguese). Carta Capital. 27 April 2017. Archived from the original on 21 February 2019. Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- "Veja como deputados votaram no impeachment de Dilma, na PEC 241, na reforma trabalhista e na denúncia contra Temer" [See how deputies voted in the impeachment of Dilma, in PEC 241, in the labor reform and in the denunciation against Temer] (in Portuguese). O Globo. 2 August 2017. Retrieved 2 May 2019.
- "Como votou cada deputado sobre a denúncia contra Temer" (in Portuguese). Carta Capital. 4 August 2017. Archived from the original on 21 February 2019. Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- "Augusto Coutinho é escolhido como novo líder do Solidariedade na Câmara" (in Portuguese). Diario de Pernambuco. 31 January 2019. Retrieved 2 May 2019.
- "Augusto Coutinho é o novo líder do Solidariedade na Câmara dos Deputados" [Augusto Coutinho is the new leader of Solidarity in the Chamber of Deputies] (in Portuguese). Solidariedade. 31 January 2019. Retrieved 2 May 2019.